Citations Suspending your Driver's License
If you are paying on a past due citation that is suspending your driver's license, the Court will electronically notify the Department of Transportation as soon as the forfeiture has been paid in full. Assuming you do not have any other suspension for failure to pay a forfeiture with another agency, you will then be able to reinstate your driver's license with the Division of Motor Vehicles after 12:00 noon two business days later.
Payments may be made:
- Dropping off your payment at the Hales Corners Police Department in a sealed envelope marked Municipal Court
- In person at the court office window located at the Municipal Building
- Through the mail (address envelopes to the Hales Corners Municipal Court, 5635 S. New Berlin Rd., Hales Corners, WI 53130)
- Through Government Payment Service Inc. at (888)-604-7888 for a minimal fee for processing payments
Payments may be made with cash, check (made payable to the Village of Hales Corners) or a money order. Payments are not accepted over the phone at the Hales Corners court office. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit card payments are accepted online. Please have your citation number and balance available.
In order to complete your online/phone payment through Government Payment Service Inc., please have ready your:
- Balance Due
- Citation Number
- Credit or Debit card number
- Pay location code, which is 7036
Service fees are:
- Internet service fee - 3.5% (minimum of $3.50)
- Phone service fee - 4.75% (minimum of $5.00)